In this blogpost, we will answer what Uber Eats drivers see. We will also mention the various steps to become an Uber Eats delivery driver. Finally, we will check out some of the advantages of delivering for Uber Eats. Uber Eats is an On-Demand food delivery app that is present in six continents.
What do Uber Eats drivers see?
Uber Eats drivers can see the first name of the customer and the delivery address. They may also be able to see special delivery instructions such as ‘Don’t ring the doorbell’. They cannot however see the phone number of the customer. If they need to contact the customer, the call goes through an exchange. This information is only available at the time of delivery and then is deleted.
How to become an Uber Eats delivery driver?
Becoming an Uber Eats delivery driver is actually pretty easy and is open for anyone and everyone to sign up. However, before signing up to become a delivery driver for Uber Eats, one must check and see if they have the right necessities. These are listed as follows.
– A valid driver’s license and a social security number if the person is choosing to deliver by car. The car should be either a four-door car or a two-door car.
– A valid driver’s license and a social security number if the person is choosing to deliver by scooter. The scooter must be 50cc and not beyond this.
– A government issued ID card if the person is choosing to deliver by bicycle or by foot. This has a special option in the sign-up page and the app will automatically give the delivery driver shorter requests.
If you feel that you possess the right requirements, you can follow these steps to become a delivery driver for Uber Eats.
– You will need to go to the Uber Eats driver app and fill in the sign-up sheet. Here, you will need to provide your first name, last name and your phone number. You can also enter an invite code if someone else has referred you.
– Once you have signed into the Uber Eats driver app, you can change your status to ‘Online’. You will automatically start receiving delivery requests for restaurants nearby. Click on any one of these.
– The app will immediately show you the navigation to the restaurant from your location and also to the customer’s delivery address once the order has been picked up. In case of anything, you can always contact the support team available in Uber Eats.
Advantages of delivering for Uber Eats
While being an Uber Eats delivery driver is not considered a regular job, it is a highly preferred gig through which thousands of delivery persons are making good money. Some of them are also doing this job full time. Some of the advantages of delivering for Uber Eats have been shared below.
Uber Eats drivers can work at any time
The best part about being an Uber Eats driver is that the person can choose their working hours and work whenever they want to. There is no supervision or management and thus the driver literally does not need to ask for permission to take a break or even to take a holiday. The great thing is there will always be a job waiting for them when they are back.
They can deliver anyhow
The Uber Eats driver can also choose to complete the delivery through multiple ways. The delivery driver can deliver through a car or even a scooter if they have one. They can additionally choose to deliver by bicycle or even by foot, which is not only great for the environment but can also be great in terms of exercise.
They get regular earnings
Another splendid thing about delivering for Uber Eats, is that the earnings of this gig is pretty regular and thus the driver is guaranteed steady income in comparison to other jobs where the person has to wait for the salary until the end of the month or until the end of two weeks. The delivery driver can also choose to cash out their earnings on a daily basis through Instant Pay.
They get bonuses and incentives
Delivery drivers in Uber Eats also get regular bonuses and incentives through which they can make even more money. This comes in the form of completing Quests which refer to a certain number of deliveries done in a certain amount of time. Bonuses and multiplied pay rates can also come during peak hours and periods of Boost Earnings.
They get to explore the city
Uber Eats drivers get to explore the city or the town by delivering food to different neighborhoods. And thus, this gig can be great for those who like to explore new streets and alleys. It also allows delivery drivers to step into new restaurants and also meet new customers, which can be even greater for those who are extroverted and like to mingle.
In this blogpost, we have answered what Uber Eats drivers see. We have also mentioned the various steps to become an Uber Eats delivery driver. Finally, we have checked out some of the advantages of delivering for Uber Eats.
If you like this blogpost, please leave your comments and questions in the space below.